Visit National Physical Activity Plan
Make the Move-Implementation Report
Visit Resources and Reports
Visit Events Calendar
Policy Framework & Platform
Improving American Health One Step At a Time
Physical Activity and Health Policy Priorities for the United States
NCPPA - the National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity - is a policy consortium that promotes all sectors of American society working together to improve the public's health and prevent and manage chronic diseases through increased levels of physical activity. NCPPA supports a broad spectrum of policies that promote physical activity..
The NCPPA Supports Solutions That...
- Promote increased physical activity and improve health for all people in the United States - from youth to older adult - through wide-ranging policies in transportation, environment, education, work site, health, and other areas.
- Combat preventable chronic disease and obesity through a focus on increased physical activity, recognizing activity's important role in energy balance.
- Responsibly use tax policies and other financial measures to encourage changes in behavior that can lead to increasing levels of physical activity and reducing chronic diseases related to inactivity, with an emphasis on easing the financial burden of and barriers to participation.
- Incorporate the promotion of physical activity in health care and education reform measures.
- Place a special focus on those with greatest risk for preventable chronic disease in part due to physical inactivity, including certain racial and ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, and those living in urban, suburban, and rural communities adversely effected by socio-economic issues.
- Pursue emerging opportunities to meaningfully promote physical activity and healthy lifestyles through policy.